Mark Schwartz, MBA BSMT PMP
425^985^6910 ♦ ♦ www.linkedin.com/in/markvschwartz
Click Here to Download Resume.
Experienced business and technology professional driving complex strategy, operations and technology initiatives. Implementer of solutions on time, on budget, and achieving benefits using technology as a business enabler. Skilled in information systems strategy and operations, project management, product development, system implementation and account management.
· Leadership – As IT Director/CIO, led 50+ major projects to implement/integrate clinical, financial and administrative systems to new facilities obtained through merger. Concurrent projects included: hire and integrate staff, data center relocation, WAN and LAN build-out, implement new communications system, and added of 15 new facilities. Projects were completed on time and on budget in support of company objectives.
· Project Management - Successful implementation of dozens of clinical, financial, and administrative applications from a variety of vendors and/or custom development (from project initiation, design, development through implementation) and implementation projects across a variety of platforms and environments, many non-I.T. projects completed as well.
· Account Management - Managed a client support organization serving 50 plus major accounts leading to expanded relationships with clients, improved quality of service, and additional business revenue for the company
· Business Operations – Directed daily operations of departments and business units, hired and mentored staff, improved processes, established priorities, developed service standards, set deadlines, and ensured the smooth delivery of services in support of company objectives
Solutions - Project Manager
leading the Alaska eHealth Network in the design and procurement of a statewide broadband network to support their
Health Information Exchange network, SAAS, and data sharing initiatives
Relevant Career Experience
Consilium Group – Senior Manager – Seattle, WA August 2012 - Current
· Strategic Advisor - Completed a high level Strategic Information Systems Plan for Samaritan Healthcare, Moses Lake WA. Made recommendations for leveraging current investments, reviewed current and future external factors impacting I.S. strategy, and presented roadmap for I.S., Meaningful Use, and Health Information Exchange strategies.
· Senior Project Manager - Six week project to assist Seattle Children’s Hospital in project Initiation and Planning for implementation of Cerner’s Bar Code Assisted Medication Administration and Patient Identification modules and to provide oversight to ensure their Meaningful Use consultant was performing and completing work as planned and necessary.
· Technical Project Manager – Managed the implementation of the Philips eCareManager (Visicu) system to support the delivery of an electronic ICU to hospitals in the St. Lukes Health System network in Boise, ID.
Peer Consulting – Senior Manager - Mercer Island, WA May 2010 – July 2012
· Interim Director Information Systems at Bartlett Regional Hospital in Juneau, AK - Ensured the delivery of services in support of daily operations, led HIS/EHR vendor selection (Cerner Community Works), developed meaningful use, regional health information exchange and regional extension center strategies (for community physician practices), upgraded data center, implemented disaster recovery plan, implemented unified communication system to provide wireless access and VOIP.
· Project Manager - Led the Alaska eHealth Network in the design and procurement of a statewide broadband tele-health network to support their health information exchange, cloud based application services, VOIP, video, and internet connectivity to all health related entities and networks that are part of the statewide network.
Bellevue College – Faculty Healthcare Informatics - Bellevue, WA March 2010 – July 2010
· Taught the practical and applicable knowledge and skills that are at the core of designing and implementing information technology and business practices in health care delivery organizations. Courses taught covered: best practices in HIT project management, change management, the IT systems acquisition and implementation processes, evaluation of health information technology, ROI and benefit analysis, implementation of best practices, and EHR meaningful use.
Tek Solutions– Management Consultant - Sammamish, WA May 2005 - April 2010
· Completed system selection, technology evaluations and IT readiness assessments for a large, multi-specialty hospital group resulting in a $7.5M facilities management and outsourcing agreement to Inland Northwest Health Services
· Developed business, product, and marketing plans for Internet based companies leading to successful business launches of their Information products business.
· Developed web solutions and Internet marketing plans for clients seeking an Internet presence and strategy
Inland Northwest Health Services - Director Account Management - Spokane, WA October 2005 – April 2006
· (Six Month Contract) Developed a service model based account management program and completed a recommendation analysis for the board of a four hospital, multi-clinic group to assist them in their “go-forward” IT strategy.
IDX Systems Corporation- Seattle, WA January 2001 – October 2005
Director Product Marketing/Strategy
· Conducted patient care process improvement and return on investment projects at client facilities – projects resulted in improved business practices, quality of care and ROI for customers and increased consulting revenues for IDX
· Project team lead for reengineering the software upgrade and step release methodology in alignment with the development, implementation and client support teams
· As Acting Director of the Value on Investment Team successfully led efforts to integrate process improvement services into the sales process and the Carecast implementation methodology
· Developed Carecast’s first Services Strategy Roadmap – expanded services, increased revenue opportunities from services
Director Account Management
· Managed the client support organization serving 50+ major accounts
· Increased client satisfaction through improvements in client issue management, turnaround time, and upgrade/release management and quality of delivered solutions
Covansys- Bellevue, Washington May 1997 – January 2001
Senior Director – Western Region Practice Lead, Global Health Division
· Established the Western Region health care practice, led operations, budgeting and forecasting, built the consulting team and increased business consulting revenue growth annually by over 25%.
· Project Manager for developing health information network plans linking acute care systems, community physicians, payers, and other entities for evolving integrated delivery networks
Providence Health System- Everett, Washington April 1994 – April 1997
Director Information Services (CIO)
· Led planning and implementation efforts to support the growth of an integrated delivery system including, application systems, hardware, voice and data networks, management procedures, 70FTEs and $10M annual capital and operating budget
· Centralized and consolidated a disparate array of legacy applications, systems and technologies into an integrated delivery solution serving all business entities
MBA, Marketing and Finance, Marymount University of Virginia
BS, Medical Technology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine
PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute